Tuesday 1 July 2014

40 days to Fabulous

Today, is 40 days till my eldest son gets married to the girl of his dreams.

It will be without doubt, one of the proudest moments of my life. Thinking of it even now, causes my eyes to leak, a little...

He's done so well for himself.. He has been through the worst times in my life, and made it out the other end smiling. Not only smiling, but winning. He is a born survivor, winner, achiever. You know, one of those people that are so damn persistent that good luck follows them? Yep, that's him.  That's my boy. 

He's worked hard to get where he is, and he's done it all himself. 

In order to celebrate his wedding in the very best possible way, I'm on a mission to be the best person I can be, as well. I am going to be thin, and fit, and fabulous.

I'm actually gonna be so damn fabulous, that he is will be almost as proud of me, as I am of him! I want him to look at me and say, "Wow, that beautiful lady over there is my Mum"

So, today is Day One of 40 Days to Fabulous.

Each day, I will update Facebook or this blog with my efforts. During this time, I need you to stick with me, cheer me on, motivate me, keep me accountable, every day, till August 9... Please. 

Today- I've been to the gym for a weights session. Cardio isn't gonna cut it this time. I've been going to cardio sessions up to ten times a week all year, and although I'm fit, I know that it won't loose me a dress size in the next 40 days.

This morning, It's cold, and I'm busy with work , and I very nearly didn't go this morning, but as I sat back down in my office chair, I had a sudden rush of "nope, I can do this". This time, there's no way out, no excuses, nothing in my world is as important as August 9 2014. This time, I know I'm going to do it.

I'd love for you to come along for the ride, let's see what we can all achieve in 40 days of fabulous!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment