Sunday 3 August 2014

6 days to Go!

Where has this last month gone? 

It's disappeared in a flurry of gym visits, dress fittings, hair dressing appointments and trips to Brisbane. 

It's almost here.The Wedding. Oh my bloody god. 

I've spent the last 34 days at the gym, lifting weights, running, rowing and riding. But I'm still the same person externally....

I've spent the last 34 days worrying about how I'll fit in my dress, whether my speech will sound okay, whether all the family will turn up.... But the wedding will go on regardless. There will be love and laughter, friends and family. Together in one place to enjoy the union of two beautiful people, to wish them well and celebrate their decision to spend the rest of their lives together. 

It'll be fun, the weather will be perfect, the venue will be amazing, everyone will be smiling, my mascara will have run all down my cheeks, the twins will be sneaking alcohol shots thinking I'm not looking,  And my arms will finally fit into the perfect dress. 

In 5 years time, I'm hoping I will look back at the photos and marvel at how much further I will have come. The wedding photos will be a vision of just one moment in time, another point in my journey to wellness. I may not be my "perfect" size yet, but I couldn't be prouder of the effort I've put in to get to this point.

As they say, I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.. And, after much soul searching, I am now okay with that. I may look very similiar to what I did a month ago, but I can assure you, I am far from being the same person.









No comments:

Post a Comment