Tuesday 30 July 2013

6 Days Pre Surgery

Up and at 'em early today for an early morning flight back to sunny Queensland, although Adelaide did turn on some nice weather for my visit yesterday, I shouldn't complain. 

Dinner was at the Glenelg Marina last night, at a swanky seafood restaurant, freshly caught whiting - delicious.. But, of course, even though I did sneak in just a couple of handcut chips, I ended the evening feeling bloated and almost nauseous. Nights like that remind me how well I feel when eating mainly Paleo foods, (and how unwell I felt prior!) 
I should have been smarter about my foods yesterday, eating airline food and then dinner out was a recipe for disaster- in hindsight it would have been so simple to pack nuts, dates, fruit etc, and not bothered with the inflight offerings at all.. Learning for next time. Hugo is a Gold Frequent Flyer, me just measly Silver... But it does mean a quick trip into the Qantas lounge between flights, nicer, fresher food for todays journey - but much less opportunity to people watch.

The flight today seems quite uneventful after yesterday's... Having the WWE wrestlers on my flight meant that our arrival into Adelaide was met by many screaming fans, autograph hunters, security and the Federal Police... Lol... In Brisbane, they had 4 pimply faced young twigs in black t shirts ensuring their safety, Qld style.. Adelaide, whole different story- I was rescued by one of the wrestlers- (John Cena apparently, according to a fan) after security mistook me for a groupie and wouldn't let me through to collect my luggage... Lol... Must have been the leather jacket.  Today's journey seems almost sedate in comparison... I also have the fabulous Hugo as my travelling partner today, his calming influence will assure that there is no drama's along the way today. I don't know what it is about him, but I never seem to find myself in any mischief when he is about. I probably should tell you about Hugo...

Hugo and I have been together for a couple of years, we met at work, both of us were unhappily partnered at the time, and after just a few months of getting to know each other professionally, it became clear to each of us that we were meant to be together. He is the yin to my yang, I guess.. I feel like i have found the other half of me. Nothing at all like what I thought my "perfect" partner was- and I'm certainly no where near his idea of the perfect woman either.. Lol.. But somehow, we fit. He also has 5 children, all boys, so combined we'd make quite a formidable team! He is kind hearted, smart, sensitive and caring. Hugo is one of those people who likes to do the right thing by everyone, and I love him dearly. He is one of those people that are constantly busy, so I am worried about how he will cope with my being "extra-needy" the next few weeks.. I have never really been sick for any extended period of time before, I am not really very good at inactivity nor being dependent on anyone for assistance, so the next few weeks will be interesting. He has never made me feel like I am anything less than perfect but he is very supportive of my decision to have my "human floor rug" removed finally.

Had a friend tell me last night that her Mum has had a similar surgery to me, and said it took little time for her to recover, she was on a long haul flight within a week, and that it was the best thing she had ever done... Wow... A positive reconstructive surgery story - don't hear too many of those. I was so excited to hear that, up till now it was seemingly all doom and gloom so I was getting more and more nervous with each passing day. Today, I'm feeling pretty good about it.. I have a "can-do" mindset now and I'm sure that it will all go smoothly.

Finally home at the McMansion, and spent the afternoon cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. Oh such fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment