Wednesday 17 September 2014

Healthy on Holudays

I know it can be hard to 'be good' on Holidays, especially when  when it comes to food choices. 

So, I'm in Ireland, land of beef pies and mashed potato, and I'll be honest, I've been worried about how I was going to manage to eat well. 

I don't know why I worried. We have had amazing food and a range of choices at each meal, I'm feeling way more confident today. 

Yesterday started with a really long walk into town, coffee then the walk home. A slice of home baked bread went down a treat. I usually have gluten related issues after eating bread, but one slice of this bread, made with minimal preservatives apparently was fine. And tasty! 

Lunch was the best tasting Tomato Soup I have ever eaten! Randomly came across a lunch spot in the town of Navan, after hearing the chefs singing whilst We walked thru the lane. No food is better than one cooked by a happy chef! 

Dinner last night was at a Lebanese bistro and  was divine. Lebanese lamp chops cooked with spices and herbs, along with carrot mash. Yum! 

Hugo and I walked for hours yesterday, we climbed spiral stair cases, and run up hills, I don't think we have anything to worry about with our exercise levels! 

Off to work today, I'm excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment