Thursday 8 August 2013

Day 3 Post Op

Woke a couple of times in the night, but mainly because I had slept late yesterday afternoon. I was comfortable and happy to lay dozing till 8 am ish.
Appointment with Post Op nurse today at 11 am, but I'm feeling much better, and not really very sore. It hurts to walk, but we have been making small journeys to the front of the motel driveway and back, scaring as many kids as I can with my final drain bag full of blood... With a bit of luck it will be coming out today, and I will be able to walk around without looking like an acting extra from Twilight.
Had the dressings changed, all cleaned and adhesive dressings removed. The adhesive had started to react with my skin, and I have a number of blisters developing from that. Turns out I have no external sutures, so all are internal and will dissolve on their own within 60 to 90 days. Hugo got run through the procedure of tape changing and wound cleaning- it hadn't  occurred to either of us that there will be a requirement for that to happen.. Lucky he's a capable can- do kinda bloke.
I can stand much straighter today, although sitting in the one position for the last two hours has stiffened the back muscles a bit.. Must try to move more often. 
Beautiful day here in Rocky, and I'm loving sitting with the afternoon sun streaming through the window, writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment